Welcome to Sunday Suckables and Silver Linings where each Sunday I’ll share one “Suckable” statement and one “Grateful” statement and then write five sentences about each one.
Need more info? Read about the inspiration behind it here and here.
Please feel free to join in via the comments.
Here we go…
My suckable today is – the anxiety I’m experiencing about upcoming mammogram because…
1. I find myself worrying about every little pain and itch in my breasts because they were symptoms of my first cancer diagnosis.
2. The ‘What if’ story keeps playing loudly in my head – What if they find something?
3. Traumatic experiences regarding my cancer ride are on repeat in my head.
4. I’m having trouble sleeping.
5. It scares the shit out of me and I just want it to be over.
Today I am simply appreciative for – this amazing mild sunny autumn day because…
1. The warmth of the sun on my skin causes me to breathe deeply, close my eyes, smile and feel at peace.
2. The butterflies are fluttering by my blue and purple flowers in the garden graciously distracting me as I write.
3. Golden autumn leaves are falling around me thanks to the playful gentle breeze.
4. Its beauty enticed me out of the house into the lovely fresh air to write.
5. It has caused me to reflect how much I love living where I live.
Please feel free to join in via the comments below or on your own blog and leave the link.
Or maybe you’d just like to share what Sunday looks like for you.
1. My trip down the Sth coast with my hubby and son and his beautiful girlfriend is over and it’s raining as we drive back to Sydney .
2. My son now lives in UK with his G/F and in 10 days will be going back . I won’t see him for at least a year or more and it breaks my heart .
3. My sin broke his elbow while playing tennis so the activities we planned have been rather curtailed
Oh my gosh I can just about hear your heart breaking Di. My son was overseas for 5 months and I struggled… 12 months away from your boy is indeed ‘suckable’. I hope the silver linings become the moments you are sharing together now that you will keep tucked away in the pieces of your heart. Thanks for stopping by Di. Xxxx
Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me says
Thinking of you, I bet it’s hard not to think the worst but you can’t worry because it might not happen, easier said than done I know. x
Thanks Em. What will be will be, whether I worry about it or not hey! Bloody scananxiety. Thanks for stopping by Xxx
Sonia Life Love Hiccups says
Oh hun – I am not going to say try not to worry, because I know whatever I say you will Instead I am going to pray to the big kahuna, the stars the moon the everything that your worries are a complete waste of time xxx
Well with that sort of praying I’m bound to be in the clear 🙂 Thank you my friend. Xx