Welcome to Sunday Suckables and Silver Linings where each Sunday I’ll share one “Suckable” statement and one “Grateful” statement and then write five sentences about each one.
Need more info? Read about the inspiration behind it here and here.
Please feel free to join in via the comments.
Here we go…
My suckable today is – the anxiety I’m experiencing about upcoming mammogram because…
1. I find myself worrying about every little pain and itch in my breasts because they were symptoms of my first cancer diagnosis.
2. The ‘What if’ story keeps playing loudly in my head – What if they find something?
3. Traumatic experiences regarding my cancer ride are on repeat in my head.
4. I’m having trouble sleeping.
5. It scares the shit out of me and I just want it to be over.
Today I am simply appreciative for – this amazing mild sunny autumn day because…
1. The warmth of the sun on my skin causes me to breathe deeply, close my eyes, smile and feel at peace.
2. The butterflies are fluttering by my blue and purple flowers in the garden graciously distracting me as I write.
3. Golden autumn leaves are falling around me thanks to the playful gentle breeze.
4. Its beauty enticed me out of the house into the lovely fresh air to write.
5. It has caused me to reflect how much I love living where I live.
Please feel free to join in via the comments below or on your own blog and leave the link.
Or maybe you’d just like to share what Sunday looks like for you.